Founded in 1928 by Joseph F. Jones as a small jewelry and watch repair shop. After surviving the great depression Joseph moved to the bustling Ridge & Dewey corner to open a full jewelry store. He was the first jeweler to set diamond while you wait and sell Hallmark greeting cards.
Joseph and his wife, Winnie, had four children that helped out at the store throughout the years. Their younger son, Len, was the only one that took to the business. He started as an apprentice at a young age and worked at the store through high school. Eventually taking over upon his father’s retirement. Len’s wife, Colleen, joined soon after to run the front of the store, while Len focused on designs and repairs.
Len & Colleen’s daughter, Brittany, was born and raised in the business spending weekends gift wrapping, making bows and learning from Mom & Dad. Brittany officially came on in high school and continued to work part time while earning her bachelors degree in Marketing at SUNY Brockport. Upon graduation she came on full time and took over in 2015. Brittany has continued her education by earning her Diamonds Graduate Degree from The Gemological Institute of America. (GIA) She is currently pursuing her Graduate Gemologist degree from GIA.
Many members of the Jones family have worked at the store over the years. Brittany, third generation, runs the store today with the goal of making her late Grandfather and Father proud.
- 1928 Established at S. Goodman & Clinton
- 1939 Moved to SW corner of Ridge & Dewey
- 1969 Moved to NE corner of Ridge & Dewey
- 1972 Moved to West Ridge Plaza (next to the barber)
- 1976 Len takes over, Colleen joins
- 1978 Moved down the plaza (next to Skip’s Meat Market)
- 1994 Moved across the plaza (next to drive-thru beverage)
- 2005 Brittany joins
- 2015 Moved to Stone Ridge Plaza
- 2016 Colleen retires and Brittany takes over